Visiting the U.S.

Visiting the U.S.

If you wish to temporarily travel to the U.S. for business of pleasure, contact Torres Law Firm, P.A. for information on how to obtain a tourist visa.

Visiting the U.S.

Foreign travelers to the U.S. for tourism, business or medical reason need a visa unless they qualify for entry under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables most citizens or nationals of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without first obtaining a visa when they meet all requirements explained below. Travelers must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel. If you prefer a visa in your passport, you may still apply for a visitor (B) visa.

Our experienced immigration lawyer can help determine whether you will need a visa and what type of visa you will need. More information on the Visa Waiver Program.

Current Visitor in the U.S.

If you are already in the U.S. and wish to extend your stay it is important that you file the proper paperwork as early as possible to avoid falling out of status. Depending on your situation and your needs you may be able to extend your current status or transfer to another non-immigrant or immigrant status.

Our office also specializes in assisting immigrants with all their legal needs. We have experience with criminal law, personal injury and civil litigation.

  • If you have an encounter with the criminal justice system during your stay in the U.S. it is important that you speak to an experienced attorney as this could have serious consequences on your immigration status such as, preventing you from coming back to the U.S.
  • Accidents happen and if you suffer a life changing injury during your stay in the U.S. our office will fight for your rights to compensation.

Questions About Your Immigration Case?

Request A Consultation