Other Immigration Matters

Other Immigration Matters

In life, we sometimes have to deal with situations that are beyond our control. If you have been the victim of a crime or if you have been abused, persecuted, or affected by a natural disaster, you may qualify for a humanitarian program of protection. Our office can help you apply for the appropriate form of legal relief.

Humanitarian Programs and Protections

A good number of humanitarian programs and protections are available to assist individuals in need of shelter or aid from disasters, oppression, emergency medical issues and other urgent circumstances. Our experienced immigration attorney can assess your eligibility for any of these reliefs and prepare your application. Our office will stand with you through the entire process.

Overview of the most common forms of humanitarian relief and basic requirements:

  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status – Available to undocumented children who have been abused, abandoned or neglected by a parent when it is not in the best interest of the child to be reunited with his or her parents.
  • Asylum – Available to non-citizens living in the U.S. who are unable or unwilling to return to their country of nationality because they fear being persecuted due to their race, religion, nationality, membership into a particular social group or political opinion.
  • VAWA – Available to non-citizens who are the victim of abuse by U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents.
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS) – Available to nationals of countries or areas that have been designated for TPS due to conditions that temporary prevent the country’s nationals from returning safely.
  • U-Visas – Available to victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are willing to assist to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime.
  • T Visas – Available to certain victims of human trafficking and their immediate family members to remain and work in the U.S.
  • Refugee – Available to individuals located outside of the U.S. who are of special humanitarian concern to the U.S. and can demonstrate that they have been persecuted or fear persecution due to their race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.
  • Humanitarian Parole – Available to individuals outside the U.S. based on humanitarian or significant public benefits reasons.
  • Parole in Place – Available to spouses, children and parents of active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • Religious workers – Available to members of a religious denomination coming to the U.S. to work for a nonprofit religious organization.

Contact our office if you think that you may qualify for a humanitarian protection or program.

Questions About Your Immigration Case?

Request A Consultation