Student Visa Attorney

International Students

Contact our office to find out how to study in the United States or how to extend your stay after graduation.

Obtaining A Student Visa

Many international students hope to enter the United States in search of higher education. Fortunately, eligible students can apply for student visas to come study in the U.S. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend will determine the type of visa that you need to apply for. Because the process can be complex for foreigners and non-English speakers, it is recommended to begin the process as early as possible and to seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney.

Current International Student

Once you arrive in the U.S. the International Student Services (ISS) of your school will assist you with making a smooth transition to the American way of life. However, it is important to that you be informed of all the specific rules that apply to international students so that you can stay in compliance with your status.

Staying in the U.S. Upon Graduation

Many international students end up falling in love with the American way of life and desiring to stay in the U.S. after graduation. Student visas do not allow students to stay in the U.S. upon graduation, however, there are some steps that you can take if you desire to extend your stay.

Navigating the American immigration system can be very stressful, and, depending on your specific situation, several options may be available to you. The process can be complex, and it is recommended to develop your post-graduation plan with an experience immigration lawyer as early as possible.

Have Questions About Student Visas?

Request A Consultation