Business Immigration

Business Immigration

For guidance about the requirements for foreigners to work in the U.S. and how to sponsor your prospective foreign employees, contact our experienced immigration law firm.

Investor Visas

Get your Green Card for Investors. There are diverse ways to obtain your investor visa. The US government wants to encourage investors to invest in the US. Our firm is prepared to assist you in making your US investment deal happen by ensuring your immigration proceedings are done right and within the allotted time. Whether you are inside or outside of the United States we can help you with your multinational business solutions. As an investor petitioning for either a temporary or permanent US visa, you will be a self-petitioner. Note: you will not need any other person or entity to sponsor you in order to qualify to submit your paperwork for adjustment of status.

Who Qualifies for An Investor Visa?

To qualify for an immigrant investor visa the individual must:

  • Establish a new commercial enterprise by creating an original business, purchasing an existing business to create a new commercial enterprise, expand an existing business, or retain existing jobs in a troubled business that has lost 20 percent of its net worth over the past 12–24 months;
  • Have invested or actively investing at least $1,000,000 in a commercial enterprise; or invest $500,000 in a rural or targeted employment area; and
  • Benefit the U.S. economy through the investment.

Don’t let the opportunity for new enterprises slip through your fingers. Contact an investor visa attorney at Torres Law Firm, PA in Gainesville.


Our firm will assist you in obtaining the best potential employees regardless of where they may be in the world. We will evaluate your needs and determine the best options to sponsor your desired employees to bring them to or allow them to remain in the to the U.S. We will go over the process with you and explain what steps need to be taken to sponsor an employee. Our ultimate goal is for you to be able to continue to focus on your business(es) while we focus on the burdensome legal work.

Requirements for Employers

Labor Certification from the U.S. Department of Labor
Some immigrant visa preferences (permanent and temporary) will require the employer to first obtain a Labor Certification from the U.S. Department of Labor before the employer can petition for the employee.  We help our employer clients through the process of obtaining this certificate.  We do the immigration work for our employer clients so they can continue to maximize their work potential, while the immigration process is underway.

The E-Verify System to Verify an Employee’s Work Authorization in the U.S.
U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens or foreign citizens who have the necessary employment authorization.  The E-Verify system is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.  We help employers verify that each employee they hire has the legal documentation to work in the U.S.  We minimize the employer’s burden of having to check on these issues.  

Working in the U.S.

Foreign workers or students who are already in the U.S. or seek to come to the U.S. may obtain temporary work permits or permanent residence (a green card) if they meet specific requirements. Our experienced immigration firm will assess your situation and help you determine which specific visa is the most suitable to you. We will closely work with you and your sponsor (if applicable) to achieve the best possible result in the least amount of time.

Most Common Employment Visas


  • Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
  • Outstanding professors and researchers.
  • Certain multinational managers and executives.
  • Foreign national’s members of the professions holding advanced degrees or who have exceptional ability.
  • Skilled workers, professionals,or other workers.
  • Religious workers’ member of a religious denomination and coming to the U.S. to work for a nonprofit religious organization.


  • H-1B: Specialty Occupations and Fashion Models
  • H-2A: Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B: Non-Agricultural Worker
  • L-1A: Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager
  • L-1B: Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge
  • O-1: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
  • E-1: Treaty Traders
  • E-2: CNMI Investor
  • E-2: Treaty Investors

Questions About Your Immigration Case?

Request A Consultation